Pickled eggs are one of my favorite American foods. When I tried this for the first time, I thought that ‘Wow boy~~ this is GOOD.’ 🙂 I like hard boiled eggs and sweet & sour flavors, so it is like a perfect food for me. As you know, beets, eggs, and vinegar are healthy. Healthy and yummy~~ I highly recommend this. Since I liked it so much, I’ve made it several times, and at the end my husband said “No more please~~~” hehe. Oops, my poor honey. I can eat them more often though. My mother-in-law gave me a good recipe for pickled eggs, and I learned how to make them from her. So I want to share this delicious healthy food with you. 😉
- 1½ Dozen Eggs
- 2 Cans Beets
- 3½ Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Boil the eggs in water with a little salt and vinegar.
- Boil the juice from the beet cans, vinegar, and sugar together.
- Then remove the shells while the eggs are still hot.
- Put the eggs on the bottom of a large glass jar. Cover the eggs with the beets.
- Pour the juice on top of everything while it is still hot.
- Refrigerate for about five days before serving.