Almond Cookies

One day, I was looking for a simple dessert to make. I found this almond cookies recipe. I thought it’s pretty simple, so I didn’t expect much. Wow, it was big hit!!! It’s always good to find a good recipe by accident – like finding treasure in a cave. If you love to cook, you will understand what I’m saying… hehe … So I hope when you try a recipe from my blog, you can get that same feeling. haha … anyway … Since we enjoyed eating this cookies, I wanted to share it with you. My husband and in-laws liked them. My mother-in-law especially liked them. I hope you can try this someday.

Yield: About 20 Almond Cookies

Main Ingredients:

• 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1½ Cups Confectioners’ Sugar (Plus Extra for Dusting)
  • 1½ Cups Sliced Almonds (Plus Extra for Decorating)
  • ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
  • A little Milk

Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, 1½ cups of confectioners’ sugar, and 1½ cups of sliced almonds. Mix well.

Mix ½ cup of softened butter in the flour and nut mixture. If your dough is too dry, you can add a little bit of milk.

Knead the dough.

Shape the dough into a ball.

Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a thickness of about ? inch. Cut the dough with different cookie cutter shapes. Re-roll the dough as necessary.

Place the cookie rounds on baking sheets, leaving a little space between them. Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes, until they become golden brown. Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer them to wire racks to cool. Dust thickly with sifted confectioners’ sugar before serving. Decorate with sliced almonds.

I baked these cookies for my mother-in-law on Mother’s day last year. Specially, I made big heart shape for her. hehe Maybe you can bake these yummy almond cookies for somebody you love?

Comments

1. Angela says

Hi aeri,
    I need some help here, I tried this recipe but somehow it came out like a hard rock, though smells great. Where did I go wrong? When I was mixing the dough, the mixture was not binding together, kept falling apart. I did add a bit milk but still falling apart? What was the reason?

Thx a lot. And I love your recipes. Keep it up!

Angela

hi Angela,
      Mine wasn’t that bad like yours but.. yes my dough was aparting little bit when I rolled it… but it was because of the almonds..not the dough itself.. anyway.. This cookie is crunchy side one than soft cookie..but shouldn’t like a hard rock.. ^^;; it’s hard for me to tell what was wrong with me because I didn’t see what you did..what kind of ingredients you used.. sorry for poor answer.. did you have any changes for your own when you tried this recipe or you followed exact the same ?? thanks

• Angela says

Hi aeri,

I will try them again but just curious, did you put all 25 in together? Because the only thing I could think of is that my cookie was rolled a bit too thin and I only baked 6 at a time. They became brown quite quickly… Anyway, I will try again.

Thx a lot for ur response.
        Angela

2. Tiffany says

Hello! This is a great recipe , easy yet delicious , but i replace it with peanuts instead and it still taste great. Love your recipes so much , please post more cookies/cake recipe. Thanks! :smile:

3. E. Kim says

Hi, Aeri!

I love your recipes! 우리 잎맛에 딱 맞아요 ^^
    and I always recommend your website to my newlywed friends who want to cook more Korean food.

but I’m so sad =*( These cookies did not look as nice as yours, when I made them.

I didn’t know how thick to roll them out – so I made them pretty thin…
    but 25 minutes was toooo long. I tried 8 minutes, but the bottom still turned a dark brown – almost burnt. =(

(Luckily, they tasted GREAT! My husband couldn’t stop eating the burnt ones. kekeke =P)

4. Aeri says

Hi, Alexander-Driver
    Yes. this is very good recipe. Try it someday. haha.. I hope you and your wife like this as much as I do. Thanks !!!

5. Chuiyew says

Oh my!?? Why sis? Why do you wake up 4.00 am!??? You can’t sleep? Ya i miss the chance talking to you too, cause my line was connected that time, i was trying to restart and on.. but when i successfully on, i only saw your offline message! T___T miss you!!

• Aeri says

Hi, chuiyew
      I washed my blankets and sheets..and our dryer was broken. So I had to hang them somewhere to dry. We couldn’t sleep in our bed, so we slept in different room with a smaller bad.. not enough space to move while I’m sleeping..hehe that’s the reason why I woke up that early. See you soon ~~ bye ~~ :)

6. xelainea says

wow this looks soo good!!!
    My mom and I are making them as we speak! Looks deish! :D
    Thanks again!
    keep up the amazing work Aeri!

• Aeri says

Hi, ChuiYew
      You are welcome. I don’t know what happened.. we kept missed the chances to talk yesterday. I woke up 4 am.. and went to back to sleep around 4 40 am.. hehe.. hope to see you soon again ~~

7. ChuiYew says

Awesome homemade Almond crackers!! Ops cookies i mean! NICE! Sis can i make this with microwave? T___T I don’t have an oven! Help me!!!! and i miss you!! Hope you have a nice day!! Muakxx

• Aeri says

Hi, ChuiYew
      I know how you will feel… because using oven is not Korean cooking thing either. Nowadays, more Korean people have oven and start to bake though.. anyway..I asked if you can use microwave to my-in-laws and my husband.. the answer is oops..sorry you can’t use microwave for cookies. ㅜ.ㅜ

8. MrsDarth says

Wow! Is that really all of the ingredients that go into that yummy cookie? No eggs? No vanilla extract? =) Actually, I wouldn’t know. I never baked a cookie from scratch before. The recipe seems so simple. I should definitely try that!!

• Aeri says

Hi, MirsDarth
      Yep~~ That’s all… hehe pretty simple..right?? ;) There are so many good brand’s for delicious backing mix.. I can see why you never baked.. anyway..yep if you have chance, try this simple recipe. Thanks!! :)

9. farleen says

i’ve used this recipe a few times – it’s very yummy and addictive! and yes, i totally know what you mean about finding a great recipe ;) a treasure in a cave indeed. :)

• Aeri says

Hi, farleen
      Did I tell you? My brother and sister-in-law enjoyed their honeymoon in Hawaii ver~~~y much. They bought a bus pass..and could visit many places with it. He said, he even can be a bus guide in Hawaii ..haha.. He loved to eat American steak. Thank you again. :)

• farleen says

awww – i should have told you to give him my ph # so i could take him & his wife around the island. :( tell him to come back. haha i’m glad he had fun though.

• Aeri says

Hi, Farleen
          Oh~~ its’ okay.. Thanks for your sweetness. They had great time without many problems. They went to todai (seafood buffet restaurants) twice. Do you like that place ??? hehe… I and my husband really want to go back to Hawaii someday. :)

10. layping says

i also used a similar recipe for my almond cookies too! they r delicious, everyone should try this. u aint gonna be disappointed!