Baby Potato JoRim

알감자 조림, AlGamJa JoRim

This is another simple Korean side dish that uses baby potatoes. I wonder what your favorite vegetable is; mine is definitely potatoes. Boiling potatoes with soy sauce and other ingredients makes a great side dish. There are more potato side dishes that I want to post later. Enjoy!

• GmaJa (감자) = Potato
  • Al (알) = Egg or Egged Shaped

Clean about 30 small baby potatoes.

Drain the water.

In a large pan, boil the potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes on high until they are half cooked. The water should be reduced to about half.

Add 8 Tbsp of soy sauce, 4 Tbsp of corn syrup, 2 Tbsp of sugar, and 1 Tbsp of cooking wine.

Cook on medium for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. The sauce will be thicker.

Turn off the heat, and sprinkle 1 tsp of sesame seeds on top.

They taste best right after cooking, so I recommend that you don’t make too much. Thanks!

Comments

1. Katia says

Thanks for the recipe. Last time I ate at a Korean restaurant in my hometown and they serve this dish and I really loving it. But, i don’t know how to make it, thanks to you know I can make it on my own..yyeeaayyy!!

So I’m really grateful that I found your website. hehehe.

2. Caroline says

WOW! I made these last night and they were incredibly good. I was a little confused about the boiling and timing since I always cover potatoes completely with water and boil for less time. I did these in a large skillet, covering the potatoes up to 3/4 of the way with water and did exactly as directed (but turned the potatoes every 10 minutes). The sauce was very strong when I tried it alone and I was worried, but the finished potatoes and taste was PERFECT. Thanks a lot for this recipe. I’ll be using it often!!!

Hi P.
      The link you added… yes it is similar one with mine.. but you said.. without soy sauce ? I think..that one you looked at.. has soy sauce in.. ^^ thanks

3. Anh Vo says

Hello Aeri ! Can I peel the potatoes before cooking? will that ruin the taste and the recipe? I’m thinking of making this recipe for my family today. Thanks ! :razz:

4. Jessica says

hi unnie.. ^^ i’m planning to cook this today.. but, i don’t have cooking wine :( is it possible if i skip the cooking wine??
    thanks unnie :razz:

5. danoosh says

I think Kurey is Turkish,and her comment means:
    Your article is super and wonderfull.
    감사합니다 :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Danoosh

6. danoosh says

hi lovely Aeri
    I love your website and your recipe video
    I make Baby potato and My family and I enjoyed the taste of the potato
    I hope you succed always….
    Be Successful
    danoosh

7. Cherry says

when you cook the dish. is pan covered with lid or not?
    For order dish, i have some question. like boil 5 min on medium in soybean soup
    thanks

8. shirley lam says

hey, thanks for all the wonderful dishes you’ve shared with us. And all your videos are super great help, specially for someone like me.. We’re from different countries so I’m Kind’da clueless with what your food would actually look like etc. Thanks so much.. you know we have a sudden korean craze in our country, so were kind’a in all your fashion, music and food etc. :)

hi shirley lam,
      ^^ Nice to meet you. As a Korean, it’s very happy to hear that your country people have big interested in Korean culture and things. So where are you from ?? hehe.. thanks

9. Suzy Choi says

Hi, I LOVE your website. Thank you so much for posting all these recipes, it is such a big help to me in trying to learn Korean food. I have a question, in this recipe when you mention “cooking wine,” is that the same as rice vinegar wine?

Hi, Babita
      Nice to meet you !!! I have some very nice Indian friends. :) My husband and I like Indian food. hehe.. Hope to see you again here.

10. orangejuice says

hi aeri,
    i tried this recipe today but couldn´t do it :(
    the sauce was just disappearing. do you have an idea what i did wrong?

Hi, orangejuice
      Oh~~~ I’m sorry to hear that…
      Did you follow exactly same thing I did??
      Since I don’t know how you cooked.. to be honest, I can’t tell what you did wrong well.. sorry… Can you tell me if there were any parts that you skiped..swiched.. changed..whatever.. ??

11. farleen says

at first glance, i thought it was meatballs!!! haha ;) i love your meatball recipe. anyhoo…this looks just as good.

*hi baby! tell your mom to post pictures of her baby belly ok? love you!*

Hi, farleen
      lol.. you are always so cute and funny. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. ;) Bryson said I love you too. Thanks !!!

12. Tofee says

I’m also love potatoes ^^

your dish look sooo Delicious

I hope see another dishes for it (^^,)/

Hi, Tofee
      hehe.. We are potato lovers then ?? ;)
      Thanks for your comment.
      Okay.. more recipes I will post soon.
      Have a great week ~~~

13. MrsDarth says

Wow Aeri, the potatoes looks so shiny!! I am not a big fan of potatoes but your dish looks delicious. My favorite veggetable is cucumbers. Especially the Korean ones. They taste so much better than the Kirby and American ones. Your potatoes look great!!

Hi, Mimi
      Oh… your favorite vegetable is cucmber ?? I like cucumber also. It’s very hot today, I usually okay in the hot weather..but this year, I feel more hot..I guess it’s because of my pregnancy.. hehe anyway.. Hope you and your baby are great. see you soon again ~~~ :)