Guchujang Spaghetti

고추장 스파게티, GuChuJang SeuPaGeTi

Gochujang (hot pepper paste) is one of the main ingredients for spicy Korean food. Spicy pepper paste with slightly sweet and salty flavor makes for very savory spicy dishes. Try this gochujang spaghetti recipe for a blend of a Western dish with a Korean taste. If you like spicy noodle dishes, you will be happy with this flavor combination. Try it someday. :)

Yield: 2 Servings

• ADeul (아들) = Son
  • Ddal (딸) = Daughter

• 2 Cups Cooked Spaghetti
  • 6 Strips Turkey Bacon (or Bacon)
  • ⅔ Cup Onion
  • ½ Cup Button Mushrooms
  • 1½ Tbsp Garlic
  • 3 Tbsp Hot Pepper Paste (Gochujang)
  • 3 Tbsp Ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp Water
  • 1½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Cut 6 strips of bacon and ⅔ cup worth of an onion into ¼-inch strips. Cut ½ cup worth of button mushrooms into bite sized pieces, and finely cut 1½ Tbsp garlic. In this step, boil some water for the spagetthi.

In a heated pan, add 1½ Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and the garlic. Fry for about 10 seconds on medium-high.

Add the chopped bacon, onion, and mushroom into the pan. Fry for about 3 minutes on medium-high.

Push the fried bacon and vegetables to the one side in the pan to make space to cook the sauce. Add 3 Tbsp of hot pepper paste (gochujang), 3 Tbsp of ketchup, and 2 Tbsp of water into the pan. Mix them well.

Then mix the sauce with the other fried ingredients.

Cook the spaghetti by following the instructions on your box and then drain it. You will need about 2 cups of cooked spaghetti for this recipe.

Add the cooked spaghetti into the pan and mix everything together.

Cook for another 2 minutes, and then turn off the heat.

Garnish it with some finely chopped fresh parsley or green onions. Why don’t you try the Korean ingredient gochujang in one of your country’s cuisines to make a great fusion food? If you do, please share the experience with us. Thanks. Enjoy!

Comments

1. Jojo says

Thank you so much for all the great recipes! I’m from Dubai and I’m interested in Korean cooking!

수고하세요! ^^

2. Sher Sher says

Hi I want to try all the dishes esp. This. They all look so yummy. Keep up the awesome work and thanks so much for sharing your gift of cooking. God bless you all.

Yum! A Korean-American fusion! This recipe seems really good! I just got a small tub of Guchujang and wasn’t really sure what to make with it! Yayyy~ Hmmm…. is it possible to make a Korean-Chinese fusion dish? I feel like the food would end up being pretty similar, hehe

4. Lattefa says

Sounds yummy I still young to cook but I’ll try . I’m from Saudi Arabia and I love Korea so much I hope I could go there someday .

hi Lattefa,
      Wow, you are from Saudi Arabia. So cool ~~ :) It is very interesting that people get interest in other culture even it’s far away each other. I appreciate your interest in Korean cooking. Thanks

hi Emma M.
      You will lose some of the flavor from the bacon..but yes you can .. maybe you can use other meat or seafood instead ?? ^^ Thanks

I’ve always loved fusion pasta, thank you for sharing another great recipe! I am sure I will try this in the near future :). I have been a long time follower of your youtube channel, I didn’t know you have a blog too :)!! I will surely be a frequent visitor here :). Have a lovely weekend!

Looks delicious! I just found out there is a Korean supermarket here in Dubai so I’ll have to go there explore all the different ingredients and spices!
    x

hi PIa,
      Wow, that’s great. You have a Korean market in Dubai. I heard of your country before… ^^ Enjoy your shopping at a Korean grocery store. hehe Thanks